UW Hypervisor looks stable

The new hardware looks like it’s reliable. The one I swapped out 10 days ago crashed every 3 days or so for reasons I couldn’t discern. I changed that one for a spare I had laying around and have been hosting my blog on the machine to exercise it. So far, no crashes, and a 10 day uptime. Note: this is not the hypervisor I am trying the xen -> kvm migration out on. This is the one I set up for the University of Washington Bothell’s PRCCDC project. Now I need to bring their admin staff up to speed on administering it.

cjac@proliant1:~$ uptime
 16:41:26 up 10 days, 22:15,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

And incidentally, I’ve had more hits on the blog today than I have since the last time I started counting back in November:

high score!

Thanks all for giving me traffic with which to test the stack :)

Leave a Reply